Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Exercise - Training Weeks 1-4


I’m compulsive. I’m not consistent. And thus for the last year I refused to get off my tush and really do any kind of consistent exercise. But I’m ready. Really? Well only time can tell.

This is what I plan to do, remember me telling you I’m compulsive? Well I also do it 200% or nothing so-.


Prepare for the Spartan Beast. Sure. Because we all know I can run 13+ miles with 20+ obstacles with no problem right now. Ha. But next year June 29th 2013? Hopefully. Can I convince anyone to join me, we can start a team? It will be so easy, they have people carry you. You won't get dirty at all, and the obstacles are like here is some legos make something cool with them. Okay I'm a little liar. Didn't know that? Then you have not known me long ask my sister she'll tell you all about me in the olden days.



http://www.spartanrace.com/utah-obstacle-racing-spartan-beast-2013.html

The Spartan Races are super tough. You'll probably cry, you might bleed and you'll want to give up. You for sure will be filthy, hot and want to die. Death would be easier. I love every thing about this race. It's your mind against the race. I can do it. My husband will, maybe my sister if I can get her here from Washington because she'd probably carry you if you asked that's how freaking awesome she is. Anyways.


Can I be consistent? Well when pigs fly but I do have the best intentions. P90X. What could be easier? Nothing. Well that is much, much easier. Hopefully I DO something.

Let’s see if I actually do what I intend. P90X for 90 days. That's the plan. From 90+ days we will talk about what's next? Run every day. I can do that. Strength training AND running? Well we shall. Dear sister can you get us there?

Sister aka Chelsea will help come up with our training. Our eating. I'll have her post some basic needs to put into our food regimen. NOT diet. Those don't work. No this is a "life change" just eat a little better. Have more of your carbs from veggies. Eat a little carbs, fats and protein together. Can I eat a chocolate? Yes. Can I have a treat? Yes. Can I eat a whole gallon of Ice cream? Well... If you want to get sick. Really you could if your willing to get those calories off yourself after and it's hard hard hard work to do. So yes. But no.

The workouts:

P90X Weeks 1-3 and 4.
I'm doing classic. You can get the P90X program DVD's at most libraries. The problem with that is you have 1 week per DVD and you basically need all of them every week. So you can borrow them from the library or buy them used or new online for pretty cheap.
Phase 1ClassicDoublesLeans
Weeks 1~3
Day 1Chest & Back, Ab Ripper XChest & Back, Ab Ripper XCore Synergistics
Day 2Plyometrics PlyometricsCardio X 
Day 3Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper XShoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper XShoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X
Day 4Yoga XYoga XYoga X
Day 5Legs & Back, Ab Ripper XLegs & Back, Ab Ripper XLegs & Back, Ab Ripper X
Day 6Kenpo X Kenpo XKenpo X
Day 7Rest or X StretchRest or X StretchRest or X Stretch
Week 4
Day 1Yoga XYoga XYoga X
Day 2Core Synergistics Core SynergisticsCore Synergistics
Day 3Kenpo XKenpo XKenpo X
Day 4X Stretch X StretchX Stretch
Day 5Core SynergisticsCore SynergisticsCore Synergistics
Day 6Yoga X Yoga XYoga X
Day 7Rest or X StretchRest or X StretchRest or X Stretch
Food:
Calories. Yuk. It's a bad word really. I think I'll wash my mouth out. But darn it we need help. So let's use

1 comment:

  1. I'll check on you and keep you on track if you want! :) I'm planning to do a different 90 day program starting in the next couple weeks, you can check on me too. You'll rock it!

    ReplyDelete